The Human Resources Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide highly professional and efficient organizational development, project management coordination support to the Director-HR. Provides administrative support to HR Units and the HR director, as required, to ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the Office.
• Carries out duties with high degree of accuracy, confidentiality and attention to work details and deadlines.
• Interacts effectively, professionally and courteously with faculty, staff, ZU senior management, and external contacts.
• Proactively identifies issues and priorities; plans, organizes and executes effective delivery of reports, programs and events of a highly sensitive and confidential nature.
• Handling a diverse portfolio and workload, delivering service with a sense of urgency to meet time-frames and deliverables.
• Acts as an ambassador and role model representing the office of the HR Director with professionalism at the highest levels.
Under the guidance of the HR Director, provides highly professional and efficient services as follows:
• First point of contact for HR phone calls and external visitors.
• Coordinates & attends meetings, takes minutes of the meeting, follows up action items and prepares meeting materials as needed.
• Coordinates external and internal correspondence/letters in both Arabic and English
• Responsible for coordinating and gathering the HR KPIs with the support of the HR Managers monthly/quarterly.
• Responsible for Coordinating and gathering the HR Budget information with the support of the HR Managers.
• Responsible for coordinating and gathering the data for the HR dashboard with support of the HR Managers on monthly bases.
• Support in designing programs, prepares proposals, conducts market research and actively participates in the roll-out and implementation of new initiatives and projects.
• Prepares MIS reports and other management reports for HR leadership and senior management.
• Creates and maintains data bases, spreadsheets and administrative digital files.
• Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, announcements and other materials, as required.
• Prepares reports and documents, gathers data or information from a variety of resources, summarizes and takes appropriate action.
• Provides full range of high-level administrative support to ensure that the office of the HR Director and the HR department functions as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
• Oversees and independently handles the Director’s meeting and appointments schedule and arranging meetings requested by the Director and others.
• Maintains confidential information including files, reports, records, grievances, and other sensitive material using appropriate digital and other technology or systems.
• Executes special projects and requests indicated by the HR Director, often of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• Reviews selected documents which come to the Office of the HR Director and makes recommendations for action.
• Screens and prioritizes incoming items to ensure the HR Director is advised of current issues, events and items.
• Ensures all documents for approval are complete, tracked, logged and retained as required by HR Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. Follows up as needed with Office of the Provost or other Offices.
• Provides administrative support to the HR Units Managers, as required.
Degree of Independence/Complexity of Environment
• Operates in line with policies, procedures and established precedents. The work of the incumbent reflects on the HR Department as a whole.
• Sound judgment and tact in dealing with external and internal leaders and stakeholder, demonstrates confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters. Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects ensuring timely and effectively delivery.
• Self-directed and accountable, able to work independently, with limited guidance. Must function effectively as a team member demonstrating flexibility.
Working Relationships/Impact of Interactions
• The position involves interactions at all levels of the organization.
• Deals with other HR team members; internal clients including senior clients; external clients. Needs to present a professional, friendly image to all clients.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years’ administrative experience and or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Computer literacy with excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, work, PowerPoint), web tools, and email.
• Good spoken and written English essential. Arabic language skills an asset.
• Ability to prepare detailed and accurate reports and documents of a narrative and numerical nature.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E. Annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.