- Job Description and Requirements
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE
We are looking to hire a qualified Bilingual Customer Service Associate for one of our retail branches. Applicants should possess minimum 2 years of book retail sales experience in the GCC market and must be able to speak, read and write proficiently in both Arabic and English languages. Candidates should be able to knowledgeably and enthusiastically converse about books and to confidently sell, promote and market other products in the shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To enthusiastically greet, welcome and treat customers in the respectful and highest professional manner while providing knowledgeable and helpful service in all areas of the
- To serve customers in a polite, friendly manner and to ensure that customer service is delivered accurately in line with the company’s customer service regulations through phone or in person.
- To develop rapport and good working relationship with customers, suppliers and
- To ensure adherence to shop policies, HR regulations among all other company policies and procedures.
- To receive goods, checking against documentation, updating databases and acting appropriately on discrepancies.
- To store stocks in a safe and orderly manner, distributing it manually between stockholding areas and assiduously maintaining stock records (written and computer-based ones) as necessary.
- To ensure timely ordering and receiving of the goods and updating all relevant shop personnel of the same.
- To monitor and ensure stock replenishment from both the Ware Houses depending on Sales and Stock.
- To perform merchandising and maintaining that the designated department is well stocked and immaculately tidy at all times.
- To prepare that the Till is ready before the shop opening.
- To ensure that the store is clean, organized and presentable for business operations at all times.
- To attend to problematic situations and to communicate concerns with Managers for their intervention.
- To merchandise and setting up of display of items in line with company regulations.
- To administer the Bookshop operation at author signings and other marketing events.
- To coordinate and promote the Marketing events for the company.
- To protect Company assets, liabilities and report for any damages to Line Manager.
- To undertake customer orders correspondences from telephone, email and at Customer Service Tills. Fulfilling Special Customer Orders with high importance and forwarding of Customer Order Reports to the relevant departments and personnel.
- To familiarize, develop, improve and update his/her self Book Awards, Best sellers and on all other relevant product knowledge.
- This position requires blend of skills and experience that are specifically focused on customer service satisfaction fulfillment.
- Should possess excellent Arabic and English communication skills. (both written and verbal)
- Should hold superior telephone and sales- oriented skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel required (word, excel, powerpoint etc.)
- Should possess strong problem-solving abilities
- Should possess strong and conscientious attention to product detailed specifics and solid organizational skills.
- Open-mindedness together with a collaborative and team-oriented attitude should be evident.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Must have the ability to work independently on some instances while being able to display team work and cooperation on other instances.
- Must have pleasing and tidy personal orientation.