HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 71 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
The BDM is responsible for generating new business opportunities. The role entails effective relationship management of companies under the CEP list. An integral part of the role is also to improve market position by identifying, developing, defining and negotiating Retail product solutions for the employees of our existing corporate clients. Apart from increasing penetration within the company, the BDM also acts as the face of the Bank. The role plays an important part in the elimination of risk, both from an operational and credit perspective. The BDM also acts as a pillar of support for other channels such as Branches, Customer Service Units and the Mobile Sales Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Position the Bank as the natural choice for companies to maximise Retail business generation from these relationships.
- Optimise customer satisfaction and ensure a professional business development culture is maintained.
- Increase awareness of various products and propositions within companies by working with Marketing as well as other internal business groups to create acquisition opportunities via customer events and open days.
- Enhance working synergy with other channels within the Retail Banking and Wealth Management and Commercial Banking teams to devise strategies for increasing business generation.
- Enhance efficiency, ensure generic application of procedures and maintain credit quality
- Ensure compliance with Group policies and Regulatory requirements as well as local regulatory requirements
- Attend trainings and workshops to enhance knowledge on aspects related to the job role.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Experience & Qualifications
- A full understanding of the Retail Banking and Wealth Management products, propositions and services, including global service standards, and the ability to communicate these effectively to customers
- Proven experience selling to and working with high net worth individuals
- Knowledge of developing a networking strategy and proven ability to achieve sales targets
- Knowledge of competitor activity and propositions
- Strong understanding of the HSBC Group, including cross business awareness
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good team player
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective / seamless handover of customer relationships to those with appropriate skills to manage them
- Capacity to inspire trust
- Customer service ethic
Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) serves more than 50 million customers worldwide. Our employees help customers to manage their day-to-day finances and save for the future. We offer career opportunities ranging from customer service and relationship management jobs in branches to roles in product development, sales, strategy, asset management and insurance. There are many career opportunities in Retail Banking and Wealth Management, from customer service and relationship management jobs in branches to roles in product development, sales, strategy, asset management and insurance. Generalist, specialist and managerial roles are available at all levels. For more information visit http://www.hsbc.com/careers/explore-our-business
We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop our talent seriously.
Joining HSBC will give you the chance to work in a collegiate, supportive and inclusive environment in which we seek to develop and promote people based on merit. We will provide you with tailored training and support to help you identify and follow your chosen career path, as well as access to a range of market-competitive benefits.
What to expect at HSBC
• The chance to realise your ambitions
• Globally connected careers
• A strong emphasis on values
• Learning and development opportunities
• An inclusive, meritocratic culture
• Market-competitive benefits
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips http://www.hsbc.com/careers
: Retail / Branch Banking
: Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy