· Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and monitoring financial and support functions of the company
Duties and responsibilities
Strategy and planning
· Establish and constantly maintain the division’s strategy and business plan in line with the company’s strategic plans and the operating objectives
· Develop division’s budget.
· Decide on the allocation of the division operational budget and resources to be deployed according to the business plans and guidance from the CEO and Board.
· Responsible for overseeing the strategies, performance and overall operations of the departments in the Support Services which include finance, human resources, contracts and procurement, corporate services and IT.
· Direct the financial strategy for the company , conferring with CEO and other management team and formulate and implement short and long-term goals, policies and procedures for effective operations.
· Direct, control and monitor the annual budgeting process by providing budget guidelines, key assumptions and challenge the budgets submitted by other divisions
· Direct and participate in management studies, and report on financial analysis and corporate and unit level performance management.
· Report on trends and support the business on opportunities for expansion by way of preparing financial projections and scenarios.
· Plan, evaluate and secure short and long term financing sources to support the company’s growth.
· Engage in treasury management by controlling the flow of cash and liquidity of the company accounts while focusing on the reduction of corporate expenditures
· Regulate, implement and maintain a timely, full and accurate set of accounting books of the company reflecting all its activities in a manner commensurate with the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
· Implement a robust financial reporting system to monitor the performance of the company flow of funds, adherence to the budget, expenditures, income, and other budgetary items.
· Lead the development and on-going maintenance of finance and accounting policies and processes
· Develop financial systems strategy and ensure the systems are adequate to meet controlling, reporting and management reporting needs
· Liaise with VP Strategy & Corporate Planning in order to maximize investment income.
· Oversee activities of the treasury and working capital management functions.
· Provide coaching/ mentoring to finance team in the optimization of their personal potential, so that the division’s objectives are met and/ or exceeded.
· Identify the training and developmental priorities in conjunction with the HR and ensure that staff are adequately skilled to meet the future requirements of the Division.
· Evaluate subordinates performance and provide the timely feedback.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent.
· Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or Business Administration is preferred.
· Qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA, CIMA, etc.)
· Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in Financial Management, preferably in similar organisations.
· Minimum 10-15 years of experience in a Managerial role.
· Proficiency in English,
· People management
· Effective communication
· Problem solving
· Decision making
· Department management
· Understanding of Financial Management
· Understanding of financial tools
· Understanding of corporate budgeting
· Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time