Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HPE, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
HPE Networking offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch, campus LAN and data center solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and Networking revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
- Accountable for business growth, increase HPE market share and revenue for assigned accounts
- Coordinates all HPE sales activities in the Datacenter area
- Meets or exceeds quota and goals for assigned accounts
- Develops tactics to generate new Datacenter sales
- Provides input to team on overall sales strategy, cost optimization, and disciplined process management (pipeline review, asset management, demo sales achievement, etc.)
- Ensures optimum sales coverage through direct pre-sales and partner sales resources and different routes to markets.
- Implementation of and management of (Salesforce) Datacenter.
- Builds lasting, consultative relationships with assigned customer accounts.
- Coach and support junior colleagues and sales management in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities
- Builds long-term growth opportunities using the Account Business Planning process and works with the (Global account manager)/ (commercial & private) teams where present on (account business plan) planning for key accounts with a series of strategic goals or priorities. Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans for assigned accounts. Contributes to the overall strategic definition of the Datacenter function by employing experience and a strong business acumen. Acts as a key advisor to sales management in influencing the strategic direction of the business.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
- Typically 8-12 years of advanced sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Data Center and latest networking technology & solutions
- Expert in network industry competitive landscape
- Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with a broad range of the technology
- Demonstrates strong communications and writing skills with customer networking department, IT management, as well as C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to work as the solution lead for large complex opportunities at a Regional or global level.