- Implement procurement policies and guidelines as defined to ensure competent quality execution of all regular purchasing and related administrative activities for the assigned entity.
- Coordinate effectively with internal customers, external suppliers to ensure timely receipt of the procurement items ordered on the request of concerned employee/department.
- Identify suppliers and evaluate tenders based on cost, quality and time dimensions and make recommendations to the line manager in order to avail best quotation terms for the benefit of the assigned entity
- Perform supplier verifications in relation to trade license expiry, business owner etc and update the list of suppliers for new additions to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines and provide accurate information for easy access and retrieval.
- Handle administrative tasks; prepare documentation and paperwork (such as PO’ s) as per defined policy guidelines to ensure timely receipt of materials /services.
- Act as a primary point of contact for all supplier interactions and ensure resolution of any queries as per compliance to agreed terms and conditions.
- Highlight any discrepancies and escalate the same in order to avoid any loss/error and seek compensation as necessary.
- Verify and receive physical goods and ensure their prompt delivery to relevant departments for effective workflow of operations.
- Receive all invoices from suppliers with the original Delivery Note / Job completion documents etc and verify the invoice and certify for payment as per the contractual terms and department policy and processes within the delegation of authority.
- Liaise with finance in order to expedite the payment process and ensure timely payments to the regular suppliers to avail best credit rates from vendors.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date purchasing records/data and pricing information in order to provide quick cost effective solutions for future requirements.
- Prepare reports such as Open PO reports, Pending invoices etc on the status of purchase orders and the items delivered for providing relevant information for management review.
- Ensure compliance with business systems and processes and consciously promote regulatory and safety practices in all departmental activities to conform to Company guidelines.