• Full management responsibilities of Spa and Fitness facilities and operations throughout the hotel
• To achieve agreed commercial target through the planned coordinated development of the facilities and operations as well as the implementation of the treatment and membership activity program.
• To prepare monthly financial statistical reports for the hotel General Manager incorporating proposals and recommendations regarding policy and operation taking into account competition, occupancy and usage, market share and achievement of targets.
• To establish cost effective wage and commission structures based on productivity and efficiency.
• To liaise with the Director of Marketing in the preparation and development of marketing plans for the year and coordination of promotional plans and projects for the facilities.
• To be fully responsible for motivating and driving sales and related targets which are realistic and achievable
• To liaise with the Hotel management Accountant on forecasts, stock levels, requisitions, budget, targets, etc. and ensure a par stock level appropriate to business demands.
• To implement and maintain the reporting procedures and control system.
• To maintain and update equipment, product, service and standards required.
• To oversee and manage the retail store including supplier partnerships and all business related manners such as market research as well as close monitoring of the inventories in all areas of retail outlets.
• To deal with problems, enquiries and complaints from Spa and Fitness guests
• Instigate and manage all systems in the Spa and Fitness throughout the whole hotel.
• To ensure that all operational procedures are carried out in the prescribed manner.
• To ensure that the facility is adequately manned at all times.
• To ensure proper induction and training of all employees is carried out.
• To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the facility at all times.
• To ensure that the Health and Safety Policy is adhered to and the systems and procedures are maintained at all times.
• Directly responsible for overseeing and maintaining the high standard of service in the Spa as well as the fitness studio, maintaining the fitness protocol and the development of the product.
• Directly responsible for membership management with all financial and operational aspects
• Directly responsible for all areas of membership sales at the recreational facilities and guiding and driving the sales team to achieve budget.
• Responsible for opening/closing procedures when on duty.
• To attend senior management meetings in both the recreational facilities and hotel as required.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
• Have a high level of emotional intelligence to adapt to various cultural settings and situations;
• Thrive on achieving guest satisfaction and owning the guest;
• Consider every situation as a marketing opportunity to showcase the hotel products and services;
• Have a hobby which translates into work-life balance;
• Have passion for new trends and relates this to practical business application;
• Communicates effectively at all levels assertively;
• Play as a team and put the efforts of the team members before your own;
• Celebrate success within the team;
• Build lasting and fruitful relationships with both internal and external customers;
• Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
• Consistently display ambassadorship in relation to Starwood hotels and the ownership;
• Embrace diversity & inclusion;
• Adapt to sudden changes in operation;
• Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies;
• Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines;
• Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
• Uphold ethical business practices.