Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Al-Futtaim employs in excess of 44,000 people, operates through more than 200 companies and represents more than 225 international brands across industries as diverse as retail and wholesale trading, distribution, real estate development, leisure and hospitality, insurance and financial services. The group has significantly expanded its business operations in recent years through a strategic acquisition plan and has entered a number of new territories, increasing its footprint beyond the GCC and Greater Middle East to encompass Africa, South East and North Asia, Australasia, East Africa and Europe.
Entrepreneurship and rigorous customer focus has enabled Al-Futtaim to grow its business by responding to the changing needs of the customers and societies in which it operates. Al-Futtaim is committed to offering customers an unrivalled choice of the world’s best brands with exceptional standards of customer service and after sales support.
Structured into four operational divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate and retail, Al-Futtaim maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance. This benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.
The foundation of Al-Futtaim’s retail network was established in the early 1990s with the launch of the internationally renowned and popular IKEA, Marks & Spencer, Toys R Us and ACE franchises in the UAE.
Representing some of the world’s most popular international brands, Al-Futtaim’s retail network extends throughout the UAE, GCC and North Africa and has a significant presence in Singapore and Malaysia following the acquisition of The Robinson Group in 2008.
In 2012, Al-Futtaim acquired a shareholding in Royal Sporting House, which is active in distribution, direct retail stores and shop-in-shops. The Singapore-based fashion, sports and lifestyle retail giant has 600 stores and many additional points of sale are spread around the world with over 399 in South East Asia, over 74 in the Middle East and over 126 in the South Pacific region.
- 837 stores in 18 countries
- Occupies 5.6 million sq. ft. of retail space
- 13,000 employees
- Serves 30 million customers each year
IKEA is the world’s largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA “creating a better everyday life for the many” isn’t only our vision, it’s our way of life!
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Planning and coordinating the execution of accessory shops, shop windows, activity podiums, perimeter breaks, self-serve, Swedish Food Market and Exit Café displays in the IKEA
- Ensuring the integrity of the IKEA concept and brand
- In co-operation with the 1st Interior Designer ensuring that functional and inspirational display solutions are in line with running commercial activities
- Ensuring the synergy between the Visual Merchandisers and Interior Designers teams
- Together with the Sales and In-Store Logistics teams, implementing the projects or daily sales steering activities efficiently with the use of IKEA display solutions, communication and sales methods
- Supporting the planning and implementation of the store commercial calendar
- Supervising and motivating the Visual Merchandisers team
- Ensuring cost-effective, safe and environmentally friendly display solutions implementation in line with local legislation
- Following IKEA manuals to produce functional home furnishing solutions within the store
- Resourcing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of home furnishing solutions within the local market
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of five years of retail interior design or visual merchandising experience
- A proven ability to visualise, design and communicate home furnishing and retail solutions
- Attention to detail with a keen eye for aesthetics
- A proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office and design related software programs (AutoCAD)
- Leadership skills
- Decision making ability
- Passion for interior design and home furnishing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.